Free Form Fibers created a new technology to manufacture high-performance fibers (HPF) at a substantially lower cost and environmental impact than competing processes. Our proprietary process is capable of making continuous filaments of nearly any material that has been deposited by conventional chemical vapor deposition (CVD). Until now, many of these materials have never been commercially available in fiber form.
- Short development cycles
- New products possible
- In-situ changes to material composition and fiber diameter
- Single-crystal filaments
- Custom filament diameters between 10 and 300 microns
- Custom coatings
include, but are not limited to:
- High-temperature, low corrosion non-woven filters and catalysts
- Refractory fibers for high and ultra-high temperature reinforcement of ceramic matrix composites (CMC) and metal matrix composites (MMC)
- Woven and non-woven linings
- Lightweight structural reinforcement for composite materials
- Superconducting filaments
- Research and Development, scientific instrumentation
We invite you to peruse the information in these pages, and feel free to Contact Us with your specific high performance fiber needs.